Friday, September 14, 2007

Grossly In-congruent

Although Islam to me is a Great religion - as the harder things in life usually tend to reap their respective rewards accordingly - it has more or less become a thing of mere theory with more and more of the masses each day. A style or a fashion statement, an anti authoritarian fad, a terrible misconceived melodrama turned funny.

Traits of piousness in any religion are displayed through actions. Having said that, most of these earnest practitioners of their respective Divine faiths tend to display a thing or two that make them identifiable within a crowd. Such as a white collar as far as men of the Cloth are concerned. A beard for Jews and Muslims. The veil for Muslim woman etc. I won't get into all of them right now but as far as Islam goes, we all know that such physical traits don't do any justice without accompanying actions.

Do these sound familiar; a vocational worker that isn't so crafty but sports the Islamic style beard in a hope to accrue browny points for not being all that knowledgeable in what he is supposed to be, in other words pleading with your more compassionate side or maybe even tryna send the message - I am a terrorist at large - don't mess with me or I might go Bin Laden on your Ass, at best he is a hustler especially when he bluntly wants to charge you an arm and a leg for something he didn't even do properly.

How about having a close relative who aspires to be the GURU of local sheikh-hood, sporting the long beard, short trousers, claiming to have memorised more Quran than you yet has a serious issue with Allah. Meaning he isnt happy with what he has been dealt in life and feels it incumbent upon him to take what his lacking judgement deceives him into thinking is his rightful entitlement. Meaning your lunch for example, trust me, that's to say the least. This is nothing short of the shia ideology to me. A self centered sheikh, whaaaat.., no way, that feels that he has been given the short end of the stick and goes all out tryna get his, including spreading pre-Islamic style lies, using deceit etc? No wonder more and more people are misunderstanding Islam every passing day. The sad thing is, that this fake ass sheikh -- that just so happens to be closely related to me -- admits that he isnt a sheikh, he just camouflages himself as one as it makes him feel at ease. Aaaaagh! Does anyone hear the phrase FASHION STATEMENT?

How about Steven Spielberg's support for Israel and the slaughtering of Palestinian babies, yet has the balls to say that he withdrew as the media consultant for the bejing games because of China's -- get this -- lack of involvement in putting an end to the suffering of Darfur residents. Somebody yell "HOG WASH ALREADY PLEASE," I mean what a hypocrit, please. Although he makes pretty good films.


How about catching a glimpse of a fine young female, due to her sporting her lower half in acrylic spandex or tight ass AX Armani's, only to pry your gaze away from her tightly wrapped butt up to her torso and bust, to find that she is [get this] veiled. In my opinion this is making a mockery of Islamic garb as this confusing at best to most people.

i mean lose the hijab already please. It's also kind of like being at a nude beach, because everyone is nude, nobody really cares because you are supposed to be nude, but when someone with a bikini or a Speedo walks on to the beach, people start checking them out, human intuition makes your mind wander to whats underneath that bikini or whatever. Reason being, it is human nature to want to discover the unknown. Curiosity killed the cat remember.

Now let me move onto family, both my parents have performed their obligatory Hajj, are both Dr.'s, both pray 5 times a day. You would think that they are the epitome of Muslim tolerance and understanding right? Not! I mean I love my parents both to death but their actions and their fighting seriously got me contemplating changing my religion over to Catholicism or something. As did a lot of other things in my family and circle of friends families, such as all the profound charity work that some folks do yet are so damn self centered, egotistical and stubborn, and some times all out rude and obnoxious. However in the end I decided that it is not Islam's fault that about 60% of the people I know that claim to be Muslims are better of if they practiced Voo-Doo. Plus I didn't want to become an apostate and realized that I was insane for even thinking of changing my religion as I love Islam so very much. It is like the promise of a better life just like the American Dream except is concerned with both heaven and Earth and is not really a dream but a logically inevitable leap of faith.

I mean a religion that protects you from all the ills of humanity, that protects the weak, gives people their rights accordingly and is also so grossly misunderstood sounds like a very special thing. The last thing you want when admiring such a private and personal awe inspiring thing such as Islam is a bunch of lunatics running around acting like imbeciles, claiming complete submission to this religion, it can make you feel like a creep for even having anything to do with it. Do you know what I mean?

8 comments:

G.Gar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G.Gar said...

Dear sam seven can you please republish the following comment in the blog linked below...as the blog owner has banned me- after I have logically exposed his errors regarding the Irani role i Iraq:

"This will be the last post you make here, as I have no time for racists or neocon tools

hey what happened to your ideals Mr idealistic academic?

I was simply putting in a view shared by the majority of Iraqi victims-including many Shiites- about the itrani criminal role in Iraq. Have you read the Islamic army leader's statements? Haven't you?


It is you who resort to childish tit tats about irrelevant issues- which in turn gives me the right to retaliate. Instead of censoring- you could simply argue with me using reason- or just let the readers judge!

capiche!

Just for the record by the end of 1973 Egypt liberated 12000km2, Israel occupied 6000km2. Israel besieged the Egyptian third army- in the mean while he Israeli force on the west bank was held captive to the Egyptians.

So according to Ariel sharon's statements. Our forces on the west bank which made up the bulk of our army in the southern front- was held captive by the Egyptian. That in tun affected our stance in the disengagement agreement which resulted in further Israelis withdrawal in addition to the liberated 12000 km2 from the 25 % of Sinai + the withdrawal of the Israeli troops on the west bank"

http://fanonite.org/2007/09/17/kouchner-does-iran/#comments

Phobos said...

hello , anybody home ,,, are u having a writers block ?!

SamSeven said...

Hey Phobos, thanx for stopping by man. No, I am not having a writers block, I am just do'n the Ramadan thing right now and since I do a lot of bitching on my blog, this month isnt the best time to go about it. How is your Ramadan going?

Phobos said...

al7amdulillah, ramadan was ok , the least eventful by far, .. ... tarawee7 prayers had about 5=10 people ... thats all down here in our mosque in Mississippi , but all is fine. How was yours? ... kol sana wenta tayyeb.

G.Gar said...

Kol sanna wetan tayib- sam Seven!

You are "real" hero

Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

SamSeven said...

Thanks anonymous, then find me on twitter already "SamSeven"